Sunday, March 24, 2013

23 Days

I can't wait. There have been days when I have almost lost my mind because I just want to be there already. I want to immerse myself in all of England. I want my mission to consume me. I want worry about nothing except bringing souls to Christ. Twenty-three days. I started with 3 1/2 months and now I have less than 1. Twenty-three days to prepare; to read my Book of Mormon; to talk to strangers at Walmart; to go out with the missionaries and teach before I put on that name tag and become a missionary myself. Twenty-three days left in Arizona with my family and friends until I am in England with only my companion and the Lord by my side. When I think of those twenty three days and how long I have been waiting and what I am about to embark on, only three words come to my mind: I can't wait. 
People have been asking if I am nervous. Sure, I guess I am...I don't really think about it to be honest. All I can think about is stepping off that plane in England with that name tag on my shirt. Maybe I'll be nervous then. I know the Lord will not fail me, I know I have people supporting me back home, and I know someone that I trust dearly will be stepping off that plane with me. What more do I need?


General Conference is coming up; Easter is coming up. Take this next couple of weeks to think of the Savior, and what He did for you. Take this time to prepare for General Conference. Fast, attend the temple, pray, and read your scriptures. The answers you seek will be given to you according to your faith. Do not forget that patience is also required. The Lord will answer you in His time, not your's. I am so excited for General Conference. Whether there in Utah or at home, I always feel the Spirit. Those men and woman are truly called of God. I challenge each of you to watch all 4 sessions (including Priesthood and Relief Society). If your Saturdays are too busy, change your plans! You know when Conference is, plan around it. It will bless your life and bring the Spirit into your home. My favorite part of Conference is just turning the TV on on Saturday morning. The sun is shining between the leaves of my orange trees, and that light then shines through my living room windows warming everything it touches. Combine that with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing and it's the perfect morning. Nothing beats it...except maybe being in the Conference Center. You can disagree, but you won't win. :) 
I can't believe the last General Conference was 6 months ago. Crazy how fast time flies by huh? Six months ago my life was changed. I was told I could serve a mission now. I wasn't 19 at the time, but I was nowhere near being 21 either. Now I have my call and am leaving in 23 days. Take the time to listen to Conference, who knows...it might just change your life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment