Sunday, March 3, 2013

I love To See The Temple, I Went There Yesterday...


It's true, I went through the temple yesterday for the first time. My first word of advice is to go with an open mind and be ready to feel the Spirit; because you will feel it like you have never felt it before. My second word of advice is to not let anyone tell you that you may not like it or might not want to go back! 
Do.not.listen.to.them. 
If you go with the mindset that you might not like it, then you will most likely end up believing that you, in fact, don't like it. I was told that I might not like it, but that I needed to have an open mind so I would want to return. The day I went through I fasted and prayed that I would have an open mind AND that I would like receiving my endowment. The Lord hears and answers your prayers. I ended up loving everything that I did/learned, and it's true...there is no possible way to understand most of what is going on, so that is why you need to go back! I can't wait to go back and be inside those walls again. I love the Spirit I feel, the people who are around me, and I love being worthy enough to enter. I have a deeper appreciation for my family and for this gospel. One of my favorite things about going through for the first time was having everyone I love be there with me. I remember walking through the temple up to where the session was held and seeing my family along the way. Since I was receiving my own endowment I was allowed into the room first. While I was walking I saw my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, my two best friends, and my brother. They were just standing there, letting me walk past...but they had this smile, I remember them all having the same smile. It was just a smile of understanding; that they knew something I didn't, but we're so excited for me to gain that knowledge. It's hard to explain, but I will never forget how that moment made me feel. The temple truly is the House of the Lord. 


"Attend the temple. You will be blessed for so doing. Every man or woman who goes 
into the house of the Lord leaves there a better man or woman than he or she was 
when he or she entered the house of the Lord. The house of the Lord will have a 
refining effect upon you. It will cultivate unselfishness within your lives. It will build 
righteousness. It will impress upon you the importance of doing what you ought to do. 
Go to the house of the Lord"
-Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment